Thursday, August 5, 2010


The tabs at the top of my browser should give you an idea of my daily routine in front of the computer. It should also tell you how my day is going today.

Gmail - Inbox (1) :: Other Mail - Inbox :: Google Reader (1000+) :: Facebook :: AT&T :: Pies - The Pioneer Woman Cooks :: Diastasis facts :: Exercise After Pregnancy :: Online Shopping :: Vomiting

I read my mail, I read (too many) blogs, I read Facebook. I (need to) pay my phone bill. I (wistfully) read endless recipes, deciding what to try next (clue: pies!). I read about diastasis recti and look for inspiring postpartum exercises. Often times, I buy a thing or two from my favorite online store. ;-)

And then, when all else fails, I use the Internet to do research.

At first, I thought today was going to be GREAT! Callum had another wonderful night of sleep - a full 9.5 hours straight. Granted, my blouse was soaked since I hadn't pumped or nursed for so long, and I had to get up at 5:30am, but I was still happy.

I've been hoping - nay PRAYING - that he'd start sleeping for longer stints at a time. We are nearing the end of my maternity leave, after all, and there's only so much (productive) work I can get done with a few hours of sleep.

Logan woke up about 6:30am - which is a tad early for him, but not out of the ordinary. What was out of the ordinary, however, was that he had gotten up in the middle of the night and with no whimpering or crying at all, climbed into our bed and fell asleep. We weren't sure why but chalked it up to a bad dream or something.

I got him his usual morning bottle of milk, set him up with Bob the Builder in the den and climbed back into bed with Jon and Callum to see if I could pat Callum back to sleep (since he DID get up early). About 7am we hear Logan crying - Jon was getting up and about to jump in the shower, so he yelled to the front of the house, asking what was wrong. Logan says "I made a mess!" I thought maybe he just spilled some milk.

Oh how wrong I was.

Unfortunately he had puked up what milk he had drank.

Jon stormed around the house cleaning it up and telling me that this was it with milk in a bottle. The milk nazi had returned. *sigh*

He stripped Logan down and the two of them took a quick shower.

I had just gotten Callum to sleep and was drifting off myself when I heard Jon cussing up a storm. While dressing Logan, he puked again. :( It seemed there was something more going on than just an extra gulp of milk not staying down. He was pretty upset by the whole thing as he sat, heaving over the side of the bathtub.

I've lost count of how many Aisle 5 Clean Ups and Loads of Laundry I've done so far today. I fear it's not over yet. Based on my research (see above), we're to keep Logan as hydrated as possible, but only feed him a couple of teaspoons of clear liquid every 15 minutes, slowly building up to larger amounts as he holds it down. If he vomits again, we need to start over (and with a smaller amount).

I have yet been able to get past a few tablespoons.


So much for getting Callum's room done and knocking those pesky to-do items off my list!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon!