Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Icky Sicky

Yesterday morning I got another one of those dreaded calls from Logan's preschool. He had a fever of a little over 101. :( I picked him up, and he was clearly not doing well, poor guy. His doctor wanted to see him since his fever was accompanied by a persistent cough and congestion that had been giving him trouble sleeping the last few days (I had just waved it off as another head cold but the fever got me worried enough to call, good thing I did!).

As it turns out, he has a pretty nasty upper and lower respiratory infection - so we picked up some antibiotics at the pharmacy and I took care of him all afternoon, juggling nap time and work calls at the same time. He was in pretty bad shape though - and really having a hard time feeling so crummy. I've never seen him this upset or icky feeling before. :( So, I played hookie and took the day off to take care of him today (his doctor said he shouldn't be around other kids for at least 48 hrs, since he's likely still contagious).

We had a pretty good day - we hung out at my Dad's house most of the day since today our housecleaner comes by to help keep my life sane. He had trouble going down for an afternoon nap however, so we finally headed home so I could try to put him down for a 2nd nap. That did not work out too well. He was EXHAUSTED. Yet, he FOUGHT like hell to stay awake. At one point, I'm pretty sure he was screaming and crying in my ear for about 2 hrs straight.

By the end of the day, I was exhausted myself and counting the minutes until Jon walked through the door. Since Logan resisted his nap sooo much, Jon and I decided to take him out for a nice long walk with the dogs in freezing cold weather (it was 38 F!) :) I took the opportunity to try out our new jogging stroller that Jon just bought too - and as much as I had resisted the large price tag, it sure is a nice smooooooth ride. :)

I guess the walk with festive Christmas lights, or the chilly air against his face, finally calmed him down, because he went to bed shortly afterwards when we got home (it took awhile, he just wanted to cuddle in my arms with that dazed sick look in his eyes, but at least he didn't fight me about it).

Since I took the day off today, Jon's got babysitting duties tomorrow. Hopefully, we've seen the worst of this bug and Logan will be better very soon!!

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Awww poor kiddo! Shoot, poor you guys as well!